Tuesday, May 29, 2007

"The pellet with the poison’s in the vessel with the pestle, the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true"

I went to a movie by myself for the first time in my life. I've always wanted to go by myself and have always meant to but have never been able to get it together. I see about 5-10 movies a year in the theaters - and this amount is dwindling because of, mostly, other people being rude and the normal, stupid people they are. Last year, I threatened to kill a 12 year old kid. Today I almost strangled a guy who was gargling his Coke. I mean, who wants to watch a movie in close proximity to a complete stranger anyway?

So. Went by myself today and realized:

that it's exactly the same as going with somebody else except that you have more food to yourself

you feel kind of creepy in a Paul Reubens way

you exit the theater and get to your car faster

that you might go by yourself again

3 comments:

  1. i very much enjoy going to movies by myself, along with many other things, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think I'm going to do it again next week. Wheee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. going to the movies solo is an arcane joy that not enough people are aware of and I heartily partake & endorse it. salud.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Comments! Your FACE is a comment! Huh?