Friday, March 10, 2023

I was here before phones could die and when disco wouldn’t...



before you took your first breath
and I was here when you 
unfortunately
tragically
beautifully took 
your last

I was here before phones could die 
and when disco wouldn't
and I was here before that
and I’ll be here after this

I’ve grown especially wistful lately
highly-emotional
drifting slowly
and lazy
near-still and floating
balloon-like down hallways 
in a constant state of
pervasive 
fogged melancholy

shambling 
shuffling
and moaning
of coalesced loves
and the faintly thin, distant laughter of once-close friends
reaching in vain with sinewed hands 
clawing at curled pictures 
and dusty cassette tapes left to rest in tired, rotted boxes
and aching 
for the transparent
gossamer
web-like wisps 
 of my greatest, dear companions 
    of some immoral strengths and
        some of divine impurities
            all together
               now
                   and who will always be 

                           my immortal friends

forever 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Comments! Your FACE is a comment! Huh?