Monday, July 16, 2007

A Prayer For Owen Nicey...




Yesterday, a spider rappelled down it's own thread right in front of my face at the bar. With my luck or my usual absence of, it figures that I came close to being bitten by a spider that was not irradiated with potential Arachnid-like powers but with venomy drunkeness instead (oh wait, I might already have that...)

Also, later that night, while editing my Great American Novel from the back patio, I picked up a penny from the ground and a tiny spider about the size of a red pepper flake scurried away beneath it.

And then this morning, I peed Tarantulas.

3 comments:

raymi lauren said...

thanks for the nice comment

Dita said...

Yesterday, I met two black widow spiders while cleaning my yard. Luckily, I was wearing rubber kitchen gloves.

Anonymous said...

I'm deathly afraid of spiders.
Hopefully your penny was heads up before you decided to pick it up. If it wasn't, no wonder you found a spider! And maybe you have bad luck because you're picking up all of the tails pennies. Hm.