Thursday, December 07, 2006

This Is What My Life Has Become...

I was talking to my cell phone company's customer service gal today and she asked if I wanted to add 300 text messages a month for just five dollars more on my plan. My first reaction was one of holier-than-thou est ness ity ishness. Me? Need a text message plan? You must be joking.
Right?

Ummm...she told me that last month I had 90 sent and received text messages on record and have been consistent with that number in the last three months or so and at .15 cents a pop - I'd be actually saving money by adding on five more bucks a month. I'd be saving, what? $4.50 a month?

So, I figured that I could add the five bucks and laugh at myself for even having this conversation. Since when did I join the rest of the herd?

Or, I could maybe not text because I'm lazy and it's easier than actually talking to people and that maybe I should especially not text people clever, ha-ha crap when I've been drinking either?

So.

I added on the five bucks.

Moo.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like a grumpy old man...in MY day, we didn't even have a cordless phone, let alone cell phones and texting and MYSPACE. These teenagers are living in a whole new world, and it is a little bit scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time you send a text message a kitten dies.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Comments! Your FACE is a comment! Huh?